This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/18/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
INSTALLER - SimplexGrinnell (San Diego, CA)
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Proficient at maintaining, repairing, installing, and programming stand- alone and networked systems.
* Knowledge of Fiber Optics, IP assignments, Network Protocol and System Integration.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
* Perform inspections and installation activities on electronic fire systems.
* Overtime and Night Shift may be required during busy project schedulesor deadlines.
* Able to direct and supervision installation personal on specific assigned projects
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. #external
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* Preferred experience in addressable and conventional Fire Alarm systems and design Integrated Security Systems maintenance.
* Computer network and Electrical Installation experience preferred.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate degree in a technical field such as electronics, electricity or equivalent a plus.
* NICET Level II certification preferred.
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
* Excellent customer interaction skills.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs
* Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
* Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.