This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
About the role
Install and service fire alarm systems, intrusion, CCTV, and building access control and sound intercom systems
Determine procedural changes, tools, materials and equipment.
Run conduit, pull wire and install circuits for electrical low voltage systems.
The job entails wiring new equipment according to blueprints and also troubleshooting existing systems.
Plan, layout, and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in facilities.
Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.
Repair electronic components using electronic test equipment and replacement parts
Diagnose and repair and/or replace damaged or broken wires, cables and faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, and control panels. Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical systems of industrial machinery and facilities in accordance with electrical code specifications, blueprints, manuals, and electrical schematics and diagrams.
Maintain and update schematics, drawings, and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of those changes.
Be proficient at servicing, maintaining and programming fire alarm systems, security systems, nurse call, intercom and CCTV systems
Computer knowledge with networking and programming helpful.
Good customer interaction skills and the ability to think on your feet are required.
You must be able to lift equipment and tools up to 75 lbs. and be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
Work overtime as required.
#externalRewards and benefits
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who were looking for:
* TWO YEAR ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN A TECHNICAL FIELD, SUCH AS ELECTRONICS OR ELECTRICITY, OR EQUIVALENT
* Must be able to solely and safely lift and move materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
* An attention to detail and the ability to work independently is essential.
* Five years of maintenance experience and an electrical license.
* Excellent Industrial Electrical Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
* Must have working knowledge of at least 2 major brands of fire control panels, factory training a plus. Experience may be obtained by progressing through internal service or ops positions or with companies where similar experience is acquired.
* Must be computer literate with Windows.
* Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices preferred.
* A valid driver's license with good driving record, and the ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes, and the ability to pass drug screen and employment background check required.
* Ability to communicate with various company personnel and co-workers in regards to work orders.
* Must pass pre-screening processes (background, drug, reference screening)