Instant Messaging Design and Deployment Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
NTT Data Inc
If interested in the below role please send an up to date copy of your resume as well as your desired rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unified Communications Engineer
6+ Month contract
Unified Communications Design and Deployment engineer will be part of a team whose role is the design and modification of complex, multi-system environments. In this role, the solution engineer will identify and analyze business requirements to integrate hardware, storage, operating systems, and connectivity solutions.
* Develop comprehensive high level infrastructure solutions that incorporate strategic target state architecture and standards to maximize performance, capacity, and TCO
* Optimize end to end solutioning through deployment processes
* Design custom solutions for Line of Business as required
* Recommend specific tools strategies, and solutions for DR solutions
* Educate consumers/stakeholders of proper patterns.
* Develop capacity forecasting and pre-provisioning of standard infrastructure
* Provide technical assistance with the most challenging issues that span multiple systems, or show recurring trends that have not been successfully resolved
* 5+ years of experience in supporting a scalable, mission critical enterprise-level Lync/Skype for Business Environment (10,000+ users) -
* Working knowledge of Exchange (2003, 2007, 2010 and/or 2013)
* Scripting (PowerShell or VBScript preferred)
* Basic Networking (IP, DNS, Routing, Switching, Active Directory, servers, VMware)
* Basic Firewall (Ports, Rules)
* Basic Telephony (Sip, sip trunks)
* Ability to read and develop technical design documentation (MS Visio)
* Knowledge of voice/video protocols such as SIP, G711, G.729, Silk, RT-Audio/RT-Video.
* Basic Knowledge of PKI /Certificates
* Basic Knowledge of Session Border Controllers, Edge Server and reverse proxy.
* Troubleshooting Experience with Lync/SFB client
* Working Experience with O365, cloud interop or BPOS (including knowledge of DirSync and ADFS)
* Competitive messaging systems a strong plus (Lotus Notes, GroupWise, Google Apps, Jabber, Sametime, etc.)
* Working Experience with Enterprise Voice a strong plus
* Third-party migration tools (Quest, Binary Tree, etc.) a plus
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.