Description The Instructional Designer is responsible for the successful analysis of training needs as well as the design and development of educational training materials for Cox Automotive Media. This individual will analyze assigned projects to determine learning objectives and design and develop materials for delivery methods including instructor-led, virtual synchronous and asynchronous environments. He or she will have proficiency in rapid instructional design tools (software) and processes (theories and models) as well as Adult Learning Theory and experience writing learning objectives and assessments using multiple levels of Bloom s Taxonomy and Kirkpatrick s model.
The Instructional Designer will build and maintain a strong partnership with the Cox Automotive Media team as well as various levels within Corporate and Cox Automotive to develop and provide technologically innovative, engaging and instructionally sound learning deliverables for our Analytics, Business Operations, and other partner organizations (like Sales).
Key activities of the Instructional Designer includes the analysis of learning needs, design and development of effective and engaging in class and virtual learning materials focused heavily on business development, product knowledge, process and tool use, and reinforcement. In addition, he or she will be responsible for coaching and mentoring instructional designers on best practices, innovation, and industry standards.
Needs Analysis/Internal Consulting
* Work closely and interact directly with Cox Automotive Media leaders and employees to identify and document learning needs that align with business objectives
* Conduct analysis that identifies current state job performance and performance gaps in analytics, business operations, administrative and financial business units
* Develop training and performance improvement recommendations that assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences
* Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of Cox Automotive Media products, processes, applications, customers and business units
* Maintain an understanding of business units objectives and current activities by attending team meetings and through continuous communication with managers, team leaders, and employees
* Lead instructional design projects that align with business goals and drive results via ADDIE model
* Create strategy and design documents to specify training objectives, content, materials and instructional methods based on needs analysis and an understanding of the learners
* Utilize a broad range of interactive and creative instructional methods, including, for example, simulations, games, hands-on activities, interactive case studies, and role plays
* Design learning as a continuous process using a blended approach (multiple methods and delivery channels)
* Design level I, II and III evaluation activities
* Consistently seeks to improve learning materials through innovation, advancements in e-learning industry and other areas of opportunities
* Lead design and drive development of effective e-learning and blended learning for technical or advanced topics in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Identify innovative methods and employ creative, interactive classroom and e-learning design strategies
* Identify and utilize new learning technologies in the design of effective learning experiences including gamification
* Utilize social media learning strategies in design of curriculum to stimulate learning
ANALYZE, DESIGN AND DEVELOP TECHNOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE, INNOVATIVE, AND ENGAGING BOCC TRAINING MATERIALS
* Develop training materials, including participant guides, quick-reference guides, facilitator guides, job aides, e-learning story boards, and video scripts
* Lead teams to ensure appropriate training deliverables are produced in a timely matter
* Demonstrate ability to effectively work on multiple assignments, activities or projects as required
* Analyze the training need to develop accurate and measureable learning objectives
* Effectively use technology to create innovative and engaging learning materials
* Partner closely with project team and Cox Automotive Media leaders to ensure business needs are met and training strategy are aligned with learning deliverables
* 3+ years of Instructional Design experience
* Ability to show examples of your previous instructional design work work.
* Proven experience analyzing needs, designing and developing learning deliverables for blended learning, virtual, self-paced and in- class delivery
* Demonstrable advanced communication skills (verbal, written, presentation
* Required: Bachelor s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Leadership and Administration, Educational Psychology, Instructional Technology or related field preferred and/or sufficient on-the-job experience
* Experience with and ability to create educational audio and video, including script writing and storyboarding
* Experience with graphic design for learning (documentation, presentations, guides, self-paced modules, etc.)
* Proficiency with technology suites such as MS office, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia Studio, Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), WebEx and Learning Management Systems
* Ability to travel as needed up to 25%
* Masters Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Leadership and Administration, Educational Psychology, Instructional Technology or related field
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 25 % of the Time