Instructional Designer- ITS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.'
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking an experienced Instructional Designer to join our world class team in Coppell, TX. This position will be responsible for improving the level of technical knowledge and skills needed by thyssenkrupp employees by developing high quality training content for delivery in the classroom and online. Design and develop training content for classroom and elearning delivery, applying best practices of instructional and visual design and a working knowledge of storyboarding, graphics, and video development. The position will also closely collaborate with internal partners to ensure that training is aligned closely with the needs of the business.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Conducts needs analyses and develop training plans.
* Develop training objectives, instructor-led or elearning content, feedback loops, and assessments.
* Interview engineers, field engineers, elevator mechanics, educational specialists, and other personnel to become familiar with product operation and technology-gathering information needed for content development
* Research, review, and study trade catalogs, drawings, blueprints, sketches, specifications, mock-ups, operating elevators systems and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedures, and training requirements
* Create and select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate training curriculum materials.
* Use common development tools to write, storyboard, and develop instructor-led or interactive content; tools may include PowerPoint, FrameMaker, Presenter, Captivate, Camtasia, Storyline, Photoshop, and Premiere
* Communicate visually and apply a strong knowledge of graphics design principles and typography to designing graphics and contents layout.
* Write audio scripts and edits video.
* Maintain knowledge of and proficiency in adult learning techniques, and methods
* Work with Technical Development Manager to manage stakeholder expectations.
* Maintain records and files of work and revisions and reviews assessment feedback to improved training quality as part of process of continuous improvement.
* Work closely with LMS or other similar web-based technologies
* Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, English, Communications, or equivalent experience with some courses taken in instructional design
* At least 6 years proven instructional design experience
* At least 6 years technology experience, including electro-mechanical products
* Must have experience with these development tools or related ones:
Writing/Instructor-led Training: FrameMaker, PowerPoint
Elearning: Captivate, Presenter, Camtasia, Storyline
Graphics: Premiere, Photoshop
Project Management: Excel
* HTML/CSS and social media experience is a plus, but not required
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Our offer to you
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website: