Instructional Designer 8/8/2016
Universal Hospital Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
The Instructional Designer collaborates with stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) on the design, development, sourcing, delivery, and administration of training, including instructor-led training programs, eLearning, blended learning, job aids and other types of performance support for the organization. Topics include but are not limited to professional skill and leadership development as well as functional skill development.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Apply instructional design model (e.g., ADDIE) and adult learning theory to design and develop learning solutions for a dispersed workforce under limited supervision
* Select and apply effective alternative and creative training medium methods (including: eLearning, video, mobile, activities, assessments, job aids, classroom experiences, and blended learning experiences) to improve skill development and accommodate distance learning, diverse learning styles, and cultural differences
* Collaboratively develop and implement strategic, business segment specific training roadmaps with leaders and (SMEs) to improve capabilities needed to achieve organizational goals
* Design and develop graphics, illustrations, and other visuals to represent complex content, facts, processes, and procedures leveraging advanced software
* Work collaboratively with subject matter experts (SMEs) for content creation, and revision; aggregate SME feedback and seek clarification where needed
* Apply effective time and project management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, and implement multiple projects and manage timelines
* Determine project goals and milestones based on identified business needs and manage timelines appropriately
* Conduct learning and development needs assessments and post-training evaluations
* Develop strategies and use technologies that leverage multimedia to educate and improve performance
* Make recommendations and modify training programs, as appropriate, based upon the results of training effectiveness metrics and quality review results
* Ensure course content is continuously up-to-date and relevant
* Set up courses, track participation, and run and distribute various reports in the learning management system (LMS) as needed
* Perform other related duties as assigned
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
* Bachelor s degree required. Bachelor s or Master s degree in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Human Resource Development or related field preferred
* Minimum of 3 years instructional design experience required
* Minimum of 3 years applying the ADDIE methodology required
* Experience and applied knowledge of methodologies and tools in eLearning development required
* Project management experience preferred.
* Experience working with a learning management system (LMS), Cornerstone preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge and demonstrated application of adult learning principles
* Experience creating learning-focused graphics and illustrations
* Experience creating and utilizing job aids
* Collaborative work style with ability to solicit input, influence, and support decision-making
* Able to build relationships quickly and work as part of a team
* Able to learn new content quickly and develop training in limited time periods
* Able to work under pressure and adapt to rapidly changing software, deadlines, and requirements
* Able to manage workload priorities and/or seek guidance as necessary
* Able to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
* Able to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities
* Demonstrates excellent creative problem solving, project planning, and interpersonal skills
* Strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility for work outcomes
* Flexible, organized, and able to accurately work under time constraints and deadlines
* Positive attitude; always willing to learn
* Self-starter comfortable working in a constantly changing environment
* Collaborative team player
* Strong initiative
* Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
* Strong consulting skills
* Strong project management skills
* Strong analytical/technical/self-help skills
* Formal presentation and basic facilitation skills
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
* Experience with learning authoring tools and learning applications, preferably Articulate Storyline 2, Camtasia and GoAnimate
* Able to travel up to 10% of the time
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Minneapolis - Corporate
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Learning & Development Specialist
Universal Hospital Services