- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Instructional Designer & Trainer
The Home Lending Trainer will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders across the division to design, develop and deliver training that meets the strategic and operational goals of the business. This individual will utilize experience in adult-learning theory and methodologies to develop and deliver mortgage sales and operational role specific learning events. Learning approach will vary as needed and may include the creation and use of job aids, instructor led and webinar led courses, online courses, workshops, and simulation based training. This individual will have proven experience using the ADDIE method to design, develop, and evaluate instructional modules.
Individual will be responsible for training programs including technology, operational and sales processes, policies, and procedures as well as job role targeted training and development. Proven ability to deliver effective training programs, work well in a fast paced environment, and is solution-oriented with clients and stakeholders.
* Responsible for the design, development, and delivery of mortgage sales and operations training; as well as other associate readiness solutions for Home Lending; primarily focusing on new products and programs, job role curriculum, technology enhancements and system conversions, and process, policy, and procedure changes
* Designs and develops effective and engaging instructional modules that ensure mastery of learning objectives. Critical outputs may include: exercises, workbooks, worksheets, scripts, story-boards, job aids, test and evaluation forms, written role plays, simulations, games, and computer based training (CBT)
* Creates and maintains curriculum and training materials for instructor-led training including instructor guides, participant guides, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
* Identifies and defines gaps between ideal and actual performance and determines causes using standard needs analysis techniques (i.e., task analysis, focus groups, etc.) in conjunction with senior staff and applicable subject matter experts
* Performs testing on instructional modules developed by self and others. Collects, synthesizes, and presents summary feedback on existing modules to develop plans for revisions
* Administers course evaluations, attendance records, and training reports
* Stays current on new products, processes, and technological changes within the division and advises management and applicable staff of necessary training needs/changes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Proven ability to facilitate small and large group sessions, across various roles and levels
* Demonstrated mastery of presenting complex topics, ensuring maximum learner comprehension
* Knowledge and application of adult learning theory
* Proven ability to conduct assessment to identify, develop/design, and implement effective training programs
* Ability to determine the most effective delivery methods and evaluate outcomes and adjust as needed to improve effectiveness
* Instructional design experience including job role and technology focused learning, leveraging goal-based simulation training methodology
* Knowledge of WebEx training methods
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Aptitude to continuously learn new features of tools and software
* High attention to detail
* Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills
* Ability to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* Familiarity with loan origination systems and other sales and operations systems (client relationship management, loan origination, automated underwriting, credit, appraisal, workflow, pricing, and mortgage document vendors)
* Minimal travel required (less than 10%)
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* 3-5 years facilitator and instructional designer experience
* 3-5 years' experience in residential mortgage industry
* 1-2 years' experience leading WebEx hosted courses
* 2 years' experience using Articulate and/or Captivate to develop and deliver course content preferred
* Mortgage banking experience in Retail and Correspondent Lending preferred
* Information Mapping documentation experience preferred
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.
For more information about the benefits we offer, please visit https://www.abouteverbank.com/careers/benefits.aspx.