Instructional Systems Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONGP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com.
Overview: We currently have an opening for an Instructional Systems Designer to help support our work with a large defense contractor in the Ft. Worth area.
* Using Instructional System Design principles, will analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate training needs, materials, and methods.
* Work with Primary Training Instructor and Subject Matter Experts to analyze training needs and objectives.
* Design curriculum/courseware and recommend the appropriate form of training delivery including, but not limited to, eLearning, traditional classroom training, and/or interactive/performance training.
* Ensure that courses are designed and developed in accordance with the most current governing documents (AeroCodes) and internal operating procedures.
* Develop and submit all required documents for adding new courses to the LMS Course Catalog, development and execution of Course Control Documents, maintaining course metrics including course exams and answer keys, and using the most current reference material during the course development process.
* Become knowledgeable of all areas of the production facility as well as key personnel in the various work breakdown areas.
* May coordinate the course pilot and train-the-trainer sessions.
* May coordinate customer evaluation and approval of course materials and revises content based on the reviews.
* May provide content in approved format for inclusion in master files.
* May research appropriate governing documents (AeroCodes) and internal operating procedures.
* May coordinate, consolidate, and update manufacturing training courses and materials
* May develop and maintain various On-the-Job proficiency training and certifications as well as other duties as specified by team lead.
* May require the use of online development tools to produce course materials for e-learning/computer-based training.
* Bachelor s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of instructional systems design experience in a manufacturing environment
* Must demonstrate a high level of competence in using various Microsoft Office products including Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Experience with ELearning development software, specifically Articulate Storyline 2, a plus.
* Conduct training needs analyses and job/task analyses; interpret data and prepare reports to document analyses results; describe performance gaps; and present results to the customer.
* Design training programs and/or courses that effectively meets the learning needs by:
* Prepare curriculum/course specifications and detailed design
* Prepare terminal and learning objectives and course outlines.
* Determine the most appropriate development media and delivery strategies.
* Coordinate the review and approval of design materials.
* Prepare assessment instruments
* Develop courseware material based on the specific course design to include instructor guides, participant guides, presentation materials, job aids, training aids, and formative and summative evaluations that will effectively train assigned personnel to the factory floor and flight line production areas.
* Develop storyboards for eLearning courses to include, but not limited to, course slides, course narrative, course interactions, and course animations.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.