Instrument Control Technician (Sierra Vista) 9/13/2016
Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp
Sierra Vista, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE:
Instrument Control Technician (Sierra Vista)
Sierra Vista, AZ
The purpose of this position is to perform skilled control system maintenance and repair of water and wastewater equipment. This is accomplished by performing general and preventative maintenance on electrical controls, instrumentation, and equipment associated with all of the operational control systems. Performs moderate to difficult technical and mechanical work in the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater facilities. May provide direction to peers and subordinates in performance of routine day-to-day work activities, but does not have supervisory responsibility. Conducts and administers all company work related efforts and activities within the rules, regulations and responsibilities of the most current company safety policy and OHSA regulation. The Technician will respond operational emergencies as deemed necessary by his/her Supervisor. May include completing related tasks as assigned. Shift work, weekends, holidays, standby duty, call-back duty may be required and any other duties assigned.
* Performs skilled preventative maintenance and repairs on electrical and mechanical water and wastewater systems and equipment. Operations, maintains, monitors, controls and repairs water reclamation facility equipment including pumps, motors, blowers, chemical feeds, sludge equipment and basic laboratory instruments to ensure treated water meets company, state and EPA standards.
* Obtains samples and performs laboratory analysis to determine proper process and operational controls. Tests, troubleshoots, locates, calibrates, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on a variety of electric and electrical systems.
* Recognizes the need for and makes treatment and operational changes to processes to meet water quality standards.
* Monitors and operates telemetry system and computerized process monitoring equipment.
* Reads and interprets meters, gauges, and instruments. Enters daily readings into computer databases.
* Makes equipment adjustments, lubrications and repairs.
* Position requires travel, to include regular travel to Rio Rico, AZ.
* Work requires specialized knowledge of water and wastewater principles and practices at a technical level.
* Specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature that may be obtained with a two year associate's degree, diploma or equivalent from college, technical, business, vocational, or correspondence school.
* Operations, methods, practices, techniques, and servicing requirements of water reclamation facilities.
* Safety practices in operation of electrical and mechanical equipment used in water reclamation facilities.
* Computerized treatment process applications and data logging functions.
* At least 2 years experience in the operation and electrical controls of water and wastewater systems.
* Valid state driver's license.
* Valid Grade 1 Water/Wastewater Operator Certificate issued by the State of Arizona or ability to obtain within six months from date of hire.