Instrument Tech X
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Our technicians troubleshoot, repair and maintain our extensive instrumentation systems to make sure our plant operations run smoothly and safely.
Maintaining, troubleshooting repairing and installing all instrumentation and controls systems. Assisting with electrical maintenance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
* Participates in installing all instrumentation components safely and troubleshoots problems with said equipment
* Runs conduit, pulls wire, changes end devices and maintains alarms and shutdown systems
* Maintains and troubleshoots other plant control systems and complex equipment (e.g. turbines, generators and boilers)
* Maintain, modify and troubleshoot Distributive Control Systems (DCS) and/or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) to maximize the use of control technology and minimize installation and operating costs
* Updates P&IDs and control loop drawings
* Installs, troubleshoots and maintains end devices, alarms, shutdown systems, process controls, air/fuel controllers, panelboards, etc.
* Performs preventive and general maintenance on electronic and pneumatic equipment and parts associated with this equipment (which includes working near energized circuits over 440 volts)
* Responsible anything to do with AC voltage (120) single phase plus 24 VDC
* High school diploma or GED
* Must live or be willing to relocate to within 35 miles of the reporting location
* Must have a valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record
* Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs.
* 2-3 years experience with electronic diagnostic equipment
* Able to examine/analyze equipment for defects
* 2 previous years instrumentation or automation experience
* Knowledge of plant processes, electrical layout, safety systems and area classifications
* Able to understand equipment repair manuals; federal, state and local codes and regulations; schematics, wiring diagrams and layouts
* Able to read P&IDs, control loop diagrams and electrical diagrams
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
Sherhan Plant (1269)
15150 County Rd 9