Instrument and Electrical Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Deer Park, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
Instrument/ Electrical Technician is to provide maintenance support to operations, maintenance, and engineering on instrument and electrical equipment.
* Maintains and Repairs analytical instrumentation throughout the plant, both in laboratories and field installations. This equipment includes combustible gas analyzers, toxic gas analyzers, gas spectrometers, pH and Carbon analyzers and equipment that is used for government regulated environmental compliances.
* Maintains radio-installed equipment such as personal communications radios and wireless telemetry equipment.
* Maintain and repair Distributed Control Systems hardware and software. This includes configuration and programming of process control systems.
* Maintains stand-alone control systems such as Single-Loop controllers and Programmable Logic Controllers.
* Maintains process data network including work stations, servers, network switches and other peripherals.
* Assists and Coaches Instrument Mechanics in the installation, startup, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of process control instrumentation.
* Interacts with vendors to specify parts and equipment. Maintains stock replacement parts.
* Supports Capital Project work including configuration and programming for new installations.
* Provides marked-up documentation for as-builts .
* Coordinates with Operations personnel for the repair and tuning of process control systems.
* Inputs information into SAP for maintenance recordkeeping and ordering of parts and equipment
* 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment as an electronics and instrumentation technician. Experience with Emerson Delta V Distributed Controls Systems a plus.
* Hands-on ability to repair and maintain electronics and process control equipment.
Demonstrated skills in Instrumentation, and Electrical, Analyzers and Controls is highly preferred.
* A High School graduate or equivalent is required. Post-Secondary degree in Electronics Technology or Instrumentation preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.