Instrumentation & Controls Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently looking for an INSTRUMENTAL TECHNICIAN in our BREINIGSVILLE, PA.
Boston Beer Company was rated by Forbes as one of the best small companies to work for. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
This position requires a high level of electrical and instrumentation knowledge, including but not limited to the responsibilities listed below. Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept operational responsibility as well as willing to work any shift including weekends.
WHAT YOULL DO:
* Responsible for diagnostics, repair, maintenance and calibration of brewery instrumentation and electrical control systems. Must be proficient with PLCs and related controls.
* Must be able to work in a team oriented and Safety First environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
* Diagnose and repair all electrical, instrumental and process malfunctions - must be fluent in electrical, instrumental and mechanical troubleshooting.
* Diagnose and repair mechanical power transmission equipment and hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Comprehend process schematics.
* Diagnose, repair and overhaul process pumps, automatic control valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, electrical AC/DC troubleshooting, and related systems.
* Develop and implement PPM and troubleshooting programs and job aids.
* Maintain accurate records and data.
* Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
* Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching.
* Must be available to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* High school diploma and applicable technical knowledge required.
* College degree preferred.
* Minimum of 4-6 years experience in industrial operations, plant operations, maintenance, utilities and/or related field.
* Experience in the installation, repair and calibration of electrical and instrumentation equipment required.
* Minimum of 4-6 years experience and knowledge of personal/process control computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC), and Networking devices. Allen Bradley and Modicon experience preferred.
* 480v 3 phase knowledge required.
* Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Systems (CMMS) a plus.
* Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
* Experience with VFDs, control systems (PLCs/HMIs), electrical protective devices with knowledge of calibration procedures and equipment including Fluke and Transcat.
* Good math, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent troubleshooting ability, both electrical and mechanical.
* Experience with participative leadership and time management.
* Statistical process control and problem solving skills required.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
* Proven analytical, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills.
* Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
* Self-starter, proactive.
* Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
* Highly effective multi-tasker, resourceful with a get-it-done, can-do attitude.
* Competent in using Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint or MS Access.
SOME PERKS: A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact 617.368.5854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.