Instrumentation & Electrical Reliability Engineer 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in most major industries and consumer applications. Our products, essential to everyday living, are manufactured in North America, Europe and Asia. Known for operational excellence, sustainability and premier safety performance, Celanese delivers value to customers around the globe with best-in-class technologies. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company employs approximately 7,500 employees worldwide and had 2014 net sales of $6.8 billion, with approximately 67% generated outside of North America.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF POSITION:
* This position will be responsible for improving and sustaining instrumentation reliability at the Narrows site, while supporting site & corporate goals/requirements for Process Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Cost
* Define proactive maintenance strategies (preventive, predictive, failure finding) to improve instrumentation reliability
* Perform root cause analysis on instrumentation failures, develop corrective actions and track results.
* Recommend instrumentation changes to improve reliability, providing justification & utilizing Management of Change process
* Assist troubleshooting of instrumentation issues to support 24x7 operations.
* Support outage work related to instrumentation reliability.
* Support the SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems) Program, following the Celanese work process
* Review of specifications identifies personnel training requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
* 5+ years of related work experience
* Hands-on experience with improving instrumentation reliability. Intermediate capabilities with Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Experience with the Reliability Centered Maintenance process.
* Use of a Root Cause Analysis methodology. Deep knowledge of process plant instrumentation.
* Experience with SAP, or other CMMS, with ability to mine data for reliability analysis
* Familiarity with ANSI/ISA-84.00.01 Safety Instrumented Systems.
* Candidate must have good technical writing and presentation skills.