Instrumentation Tech II - Biologics Production
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
GILEAD SCIENCES\' OCEANSIDE BIOLOGICS FACILITY IS SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE SENIOR INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN TO ASSUME RESPONSIBILITIES IN ITS FACILITIES DEPARTMENT IMMEDIATELY. THIS POSITION WILL REPORT DIRECTLY TO THE MAINTENANCE TEAM LEAD AND WILL SUPPORT UTILITIES, MANUFACTURING, AND LAB INSTRUMENTATION SO THAT THE PLANT CAN CONTINUE TO RELIABLY PRODUCE PRODUCT AND COMPLETE SUCCESSFUL DEVELOPMENT RUNS. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE ABILITY AND DESIRE TO WORK WITH AND ACROSS MANY FUNCTIONAL GROUPS. OPPORTUNITIES TO PARTICIPATE IN MULTIPLE PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES OUTSIDE OF THE DEFINED ROLE ARE FREQUENT.
Specific Responsibilities For Role:
* Install, Calibrate, Troubleshoot, Repair, And Modify Process Control Instruments Or Systems For Manufacturing Applications.
* Install, Calibrate, Troubleshoot, Repair, And Modify Electronic, Electromechanical, And Pneumatic Control Devices For Utility Systems Which Support The Manufacturing Facilities
* Perform Calibrations And Scheduled Preventive Maintenance On Analytical And Other Laboratory Instrument
* Test Control Systems And Assist In Validation Of New And Existing Manufacturing Facilities
* Continuously Evaluate Maintenance/calibration Practices To Eliminate Nonproductive Activities And Implement Productivity Enhancements
* Must possess full knowledge of the fundamental operating principles of industrial process instrumentation and process control systems
* Be proficient in ISA standards and practices for instrumentation
* Understands impact of equipment and system changes and alarms through DCS, Delta V, and/or local loop controllers
* Knowledge of and ability to use Computerized Maintenance and Calibration Management Systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Performs installation, maintenance and repairs of line manufacturing equipment.
* Independently locates and diagnoses failure, replaces defective components and performs basic troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals and verbal and/or written instructions.
* Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
* Uses a variety of hand, power and test tools and equipment.
* Provides general maintenance support as designated by supervisor to include any or all of the following areas: utility equipment; HVAC equipment; water for injection; product storage; welding, fabricating, construction, and installations.
* Coordinates maintenance on critical systems/equipment with supervisor.
* Creates or revises standard operating procedures.
* Performs multi-shift work as required.
* Complies with all safety regulations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
* May be required to perform the duties of Maintenance Tech I as required by supervisor.
* Is required to respond to emergency notifications via phone.
* May be required to perform calibrations per Metrology procedure as designated by Supervisor.
* Calibration responsibilities may include: temperature; pressure differential room pressures; chart recorders; freezers/refrigerators; incubators; HVAC.
* May create calibration procedures for new systems.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Demonstrates knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
* Utilizes established precedents and policies.
* Possesses good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrates a working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
* Demonstrates knowledge of maintenance systems, methods and procedures.
* Is able to recognize deviation from accepted practice and troubleshoot.
* 3+ years of relevant experience and a high school diploma.
* Current Leaving Certificate and Trades Certificate GSL.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :