Instrumentation Technician, Maintenance II 9/9/2016
Bering Sea Environmental, LLC
Virginia Beach, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Announcement
BERING SEA ENVIRONMENTAL (BSEn)
Bering Sea Environmental a subsidiary of Tanadgusix Corporation (TDX), an Alaska Native Corporation for the Aleuts of St. Paul Island, is currently recruiting for the following position:
Title: Instrumentation Technician, Maintenance II
Location: NAS Oceana, VA
Status: Full Time
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Minimum Education/Experience Level
* Requires a high school diploma, plus successful completion of an accredited Technical Apprentice Program in Electronics or equivalent military training, with a minimum of four (4) years' experience in the following areas:
* Digital/ Analog Signal Processing
* RF Signal Propagation
* Electromechanical Devices
* Communications (multiplexer equipment, VHF, UHF, microwave.
* Digital/Analog computer systems
* AC/DC Power Supplies
* Test Equipment
* Photovoltaic Power Generation and regulation
* Primary and secondary power equipment
* Auto-transfer (UPS) equipment
* Portable AC Generators
* Able to speak, read, and write English
* DCID SECRET Clearance or ability to obtain required.
Minimum Position Specific Training Required
* Formal classroom education equivalent to Navy A School or vocational school with formal training in the field of electronic equipment maintenance.
* Possess a valid state Driver's License
* Physically able to assist in lifting/carrying TCTS pods
* Formal Tower Climbing Training
* Physically capable of performing maintenance on remote TCTS sites including flying in, and loading/unloading equipment from helicopters.
* Able to climb/descend towers carrying equipment.
* Able to obtain a Flight Line equipment operators license within 90 days.
* Valid Driver's License Required
Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents. Performs troubleshooting and repair of complex electronic circuits.
Performs organizational and intermediate-level maintenance on assigned equipment. Assists in depot repairs, overhaul, or rebuild of assemblies, subassemblies, and other end items, including the manufacture of parts, modifications, testing, and integration. Maintains AS maintenance records. Uses complex test equipment (spectrum analyzers, signal generators, time domain reflectometers, wattmeters). To perform troubleshooting, isolate malfunctions, and repairs to component level.
Isolates malfunctions and incorporates engineering changes and modifications. Work requires familiarity with the interrelationship of circuits and differing protocols, and judgement in planning work sequences and in selecting tools and necessary test equipment. Documents work performed at remote sites. Works in conjunction with Operations, Comm and Engineering to ensure compliance with range requirements.
Provides technical guidance to lower level technicians. Supports special tests, evaluations, equipment installation, and relocation. Supports NSWC, PMA 205 and CTTR wide requirements.
Interfaces directly with Fleet Squadrons to ensure equipment availability and proper operation.
Document maintenance actions in IEMS
Reports to: Assigned Senior Technician or Supervisor
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements: US Citizen/ /Secret Clearance or ability to obtain required
To Apply: Visit the BSEn Website at the following link to download an application.
Please email your application and resume to Kim BT Smith (Technical Services Director) at and to Connie Bergo (Human Resources Manager) at
Please indicate the position you are applying for and location in your email.
Additional Contact Information: (757) 223-1446 - Fax (757) 223-4141
Bering Sea Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer with an Alaska Native Hiring Preference (PL93-638). We do not discriminate based on marital status, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.