Instrumentation and Controls Engineer 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job responsibilities:
* Develop and/or review control system architecture, flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), control sequences, and design specifications.
* Analyze risks and hazards, and conducting risk analyses
* Create responsibility matrices, instrument indexes, bills of material (BOMs) and other project tools.
* Develop and/or review wiring schematics and control panel layout drawings.
* Program and integrate Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) including offerings from Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Wago, etc.
* Design, set up, and perform system functionality tests on equipment in our manufacturing facility and at customer sites.
* Develop wire pull schedules and scope of work documents for contractors to use in bidding and construction.
* Perform onsite startup and validation of equipment
* I/O checkout and troubleshooting, calibrate instrumentation and tune PID loops.
* Validate programming to confirm systems operate per control sequence
Basic requirements include:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Must have experience in preparing drawings using AutoCAD electrical.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in the design/build/programming of PLC systems with field experience, from design to start-up.
* Minimum 5 years' experience programming in ladder logic.
* Experience involving engine test cell instrumentation & control design, integration, troubleshooting and commissioning.
* Ability to interpret and create Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
* Experience providing efficient, and effective client service, including balancing multiple projects and responding to changes in deadline, scope and design.
* Demonstrates strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
* Ability to travel to customer facilities with several overnight stays (25-40%), nationally and overseas, for design meetings, equipment installation supervision and commissioning.
* Must have the following personal skills and characteristics: Problem solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, team player, takes initiative to improve personal skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.