- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Insurance Sales Producer - Personal Lines
* College education or equivalent insurance experience.
* Maintains Property-Casualty license.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
* Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
* Full knowledge of insurance products and usage.
* Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, and to accurately perform simple calculations involving decimals and fractions.
* Ability to utilize computer and understand functionality.
* Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
* Ability to generate new business sales, retain existing business, and to close sales in insurance.
* Demonstrate skills of persuasion and negotiation.
* High degree of self discipline and motivation.
* Bondable; meets character and ethical standards.
* Technical education (CIC, CPCU, company courses) helpful and willingness to continue education essential.
Responsible for prospecting, soliciting, and selling new Personal Lines accounts. This is a sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills and a thorough knowledge of insurance products. The ability to counsel and market to new and existing clients professionally is another essential function of the position. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the yearly planning process for this position. Meet sales standards of volume with timeliness and quality.
* Set and meet new business sales goal annually.
* Identify, develop and maintain list of insurance prospects.
* Respond to referrals quickly and effectively.
* Pre-qualifies and analyzes prospects' coverage needs and exposures.
* Recommends coverages and prepares rating quotes and proposals to sell new accounts.
* Identifies possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures and explains coverage limitations to client.
* Make sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business.
* Complete applications and related documentation for submission to appropriate insurance markets following agency procedures.
* Maintain all client activity in the agency automation system according to agency procedures.
* Develop, follow, and complete sales objectives.
* Educate clients concerning agency payment expectations and cancellation procedures.
* Recommend appropriate coverages for clients, being cognizant of underwriting guidelines and agency binding authority.
* Ask for referrals from insured to help generate new business.
* Continue to develop relationships with Insured.
* Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
* Participate in special projects, committees and any efforts to improve the agency and its' operation.
* Responsible for adhering to and ensuring business unit complies with pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara's Compliance Policy as well as external compliance requirements.
* Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara's Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
555 Patroon Creek Boulevard, Albany, New York 12206
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled