Insurance Verification - Part time (no benefits) - JV West Valley 9/7/2016
Jordan Valley West
West Valley City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Jordan Valley Hospital West Valley Campus opened its doors in 1963 with three operating rooms, forty beds, and was called Pioneer Valley Hospital. By 1980 a new hospital facility had been on the original site.
Today this west side medical facility is host to over 36,000 emergency room visits, making it one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
In 2004 Pioneer Valley Hospital completed an 18-month long, $14 million construction project which included more than 88,000 square feet of expansion and renovations and a significant investment in state-of-the-art medical technology.
The project was conducted in two phases with the first phase producing a new 16,800 square foot emergency room with separate entrances for ambulances and walk-in patients. The second phase included the remodel of approximately 33,400 square feet in the areas of radiology, endoscopy, the baby nursery, hospital laboratory, central sterilization, and outpatient services.
In 2014 the building exterior was renovated to reflect the improvements made within the hospital and our name changed to Jordan Valley Hospital West Valley Campus to more closely reflect our commitment to the community we serve.
As the hospital has grown, Jordan Valley Hospital West Valley Campus has maintained its long-time commitment to providing expert healthcare with kindness and compassion.
* Ensures patient account information is complete and accurate.
* Determines insurance coverage eligibility and requirements for reimbursements. Documents contacts and transactions in a timely manner in the registration system.
* Analyzes patient responsibility and keeps the financial counselor aware of patient responsibility portions of services to be received.
* Helps patients and family members with questions regarding insurance requirements.
* Make decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within scope of practice for this position.
* High school graduate or equivalent
* at least 1 year experience in insurance verification and authorization preferred
* Computer and typing skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Detail oriented, self motivated, and strong multitasking skills
* Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, additional languages helpful
* Clinical background helpful.
IASIS Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
JORDAN VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER IS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OWNED BY AN ENTITY THAT PROUDLY INCLUDES PHYSICIAN OWNERS, INCLUDING CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE HOSPITAL\'S MEDICAL STAFF.
Job: Business Services/Medical Records
Primary Location: Utah-West Valley City
Organization: Jordan Valley West
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
Employee Status: Part Time, under 30 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled