Intake/Admissions Counselor LCSW
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/9/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00035-34667
Mixed (rotating weekends)
As one of the largest facilities in the nation s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia s Chippenham Hospital, has been committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over 100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units.
Tucker Pavilion: The Leader in Behavioral Health:
* Offering of care continuum crisis team on site, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults
* Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia s Emergency Departments
* Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
* Injection of clinical pathways in programming
* Diverse array of therapeutic offerings yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
* Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
* Four Child Psychiatrists
* Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Performs pre-admission psychosocial assessments.
* Facilitates appropriate disposition.
* Completes initial pre-certification and/or authorization requirements.
* Facilitates pre-admission TDO requests.
* Completes admission and/or registration process, including entering data in applicable admission/registration computer programs and completing applicable forms.
* Maintains statistics applicable to Intake and Admission operations. *
* Responds to inquiry calls and provides information related to behavioral health treatment options and/or community resources.
* Establishes and maintains contacts with behavioral health professionals and/or organizations to expand knowledge base of behavioral health resources and to enhance opportunities for business development activities.
* A minimum of two (2) years clinical experience working in Behavioral Health setting. Working knowledge of PC operations.
* Preferred: Prior Behavioral Health Intake/ Admission and/or Managed Care experience.
* Required: Master s degree in Social Work, Rehab Counseling, Psychology, or Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
* Preferred: BSN or MSN
* Required: RN or LCSW or LPC, Licensed or eligible for licensure, in the State of Virginia, as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Last Edited: 12/09/2016