Integrated Communications Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Customer Communications Manager leads a team of communications multi-channel experts and develops, coordinates and executes integrated communications plans to support middle market target audience and industry segments, reporting to the senior Integrated Communications Manager for UPS Healthcare Global Strategy segment. He/she manages the development of integrated customer-facing strategies and tactics in support of business and marketing objectives to ensure alignment in priorities, determines content messaging priorities and sub-segment focus. This position directs and manages communications projects, creative input, and ensures communications integration. The Customer Communications Manager develops and implements plan deliverables and leads communications activities. He/she oversees the establishment of communications objectives working with marketing stakeholders to identify and determine appropriate target audience/key insights, as well as the integration across multiple channels predominantly: digital (display, web, social, SEM and mobile), determining goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the measurement of UPS communications investment.
The Customer Communications Manager leads strategic work sessions with cross-functional teams to develop plans, strategies, and establish communications goals and key performance indicators (KPIs), which include oversight of content territories/messaging and positioning, multichannel tactical recommendations (e.g. marketing objectives, competitive analysis, customer insights, audience definition, KPIs, tactics, resources, timeline, budget, deliverables, value proposition, measurement plans, etc.) to build business cases and recommendations, set expectations, guide in-market plan execution, and to gain consensus and approval among marketing stakeholders. He/She develops and delivers presentations to socialize plans with leadership and the team. This position manages projects and deliverables, along with providing direction and oversight of multiple agencies, to ensure scope remains intact and the project is completed on strategy, on time, and within budget. The Customer Communications Manager continually coordinates with UPS international regions to ensure global communications deliverables are understood and to eliminate redundancies and share key insights. He/She researches relevant industry information to help guide communications strategies. This position works closely with UPS Global Healthcare strategy and marketing subject matter experts to prioritize communications plan elements.
* Creates sub-segment project plans with needed tasks and resources to ensure communication activities are developed on time and on budget.
* Proactively identifies project milestones, and dependencies and addresses any potential issues that could be challenges to completion of the work.
* Works closely with internal stakeholders to create message plans.
* Plans and facilitates sub-segment meetings to build alignment across stakeholder groups.
* Manages vendors and project budgets to bring communications plans to market.
* Leads the development and execution of one to three healthcare initiatives each year.
* Provides regular plan progress updates and budget impacts to ensure overall fiscal responsibility and success.
* Facilitates monthly communications call with the USP APAC region team.
* Leads multi-channel strategy and execution, identifies content territories for support of messaging/positioning and thought leadership.
* Budget Management: Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area s budget on organizational financial plan.
* Communication Design and Management: Identifies root causes of problems with communication programs; designs communication programs based on organizational needs; adapts media channels and communication style to various situations or groups; recommends adjustments to communication strategies.
* Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
* Vendor/Supplier Management: Demonstrates a broad understanding of UPS and vendor business needs and goals; reviews and recommends appropriate vendors based on business needs to internal stakeholders; provides input into the creation of vendor contracts or agreements; communicates expectations to vendors.
* Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Marketing, Communications, Journalism Preferred
* Master s in Business Administration (MBA or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity