This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: The Integration Developer creates and supports software solutions to bridge data gaps between systems in the hospital's integrated software environment. The position is responsible to develop supplemental integration capabilities with and for the Ensemble enterprise ESB cooperatively with the Integration Services tea and perform analysis, development, deployment and maintenance of custom solutions to enhance and extend integration capabilities among our clinical and financial systems and to external partners.
* Participate in integration strategy, analyze existing and proposed interfaces in the enterprise network, providing solution recommendations. Participates in periodic reviews of interfaces to improve security, performance, and standardization.
* Collaborate with Integration Analysts, vendors, business partners, and in-house developers to create, test, and implement interfaces, deploy and upgrade systems, and support their Production operation.
* Anticipate hardware and software needs of the integration environment and staff, offer capacity recommendations to Systems staff.
* Identify, trace and debug integration issues; identify root causes, making needed modifications to resolve them. Assist on-call and off-hours support as needed to resolve Production issues.
* Assist in the creation of detailed, accurate technical design specifications and project documentation demonstrable to a technical or management audience.
* High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required in Healthcare or related experience preferred.
* Good understanding of SOA, BPM, and ESB concepts
* Extensive experience with Intersystems' Ensemble preferred, or other ESB products such as Oracle Service Bus, Websphere ESB, Orion's Rhapsody or Mule
* Familiarity with healthcare data formats X.12, HL7, CCD, CCDA and FHIR
* Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
* Experience creating services using SOAP
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf