Integration and Software QA Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking an Integration & Software QA Engineer to help create the next generation of Coherent s DPSS (Diode Pumped Solid State Laser) products. The successful candidate will have a curious nature and methodical approach to testing the latest solid state laser technologies. Coherent s solid state lasers have embedded sensor-rich internet-enabled electronics, so a knowledge of IoT and eagerness to learn will help the successful candidate.
- Create tests for new product features, keeping them automated wherever possible.
- Create and maintain test tools and integrate them with Coherent s software build system when possible.
- Integrate new electronics, firmware and mechanics to ensure proper operation of prototypes for new laser products
- As needed, use DPSS lasers to test functionality and operating parameters.
- Establish QA policies and procedures for projects, and provide day to day oversight of their implementation.
- Maintain best in class oversight of test cases, issue tracking, quality metrics and release management.
- Participate in design and FMEA reviews.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to perform in a distributed, diverse cross-functional team environment.
- Must have good engineering judgment and work independently making sound engineering decisions.
- Participate in weekly and bi-weekly status reporting to functional and project management.
Education and Work Experience
- 5+ years of product test or quality assurance experience
- Strong experience with embedded system products, ideally with IoT knowledge
- Basic understanding of laser operation, and a strong curiosity to learn lots more.
- Ability to code simple test cases using common tools (C#, Python, etc)
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, Physics or related engineering field or equivalent experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.