Intellectual Property Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Duties
* Assist in-house counsel with competitive analysis, such as competitors' patent portfolio assessment, patent filing trend analysis, state-of-the-art landscape analysis, etc.
* Conduct legal research on various patent issues.
* Conduct patent searches directed to patentability, validity or freedom-to-operate.
* Draft, review and revise patent applications and other patent prosecution documents.
* Assist with offensive and defensive infringement studies, analyzing both MILWAUKEE and competitive products for potential infringement risks.
* Participate in design and brainstorming meetings with engineering and marketing personnel to capture potential design elements for patenting and/or to be searched.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Currently enrolled and in good standing at an ABA accredited law school.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or educational equivalent (mechanical or electrical engineering preferred) required.
* Registration to practice before USPTO preferred .
JNCODE: JN022, JN030