Intelligent Transportation Systems Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONSturgeon Electric Company, Inc., named a Top Workplace for three consecutive years by The Denver Post is currently seeking an Intelligent Transportation Systems Technician for projects throughout Denver, CO. Since 1912 Sturgeon Electric has been providing comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western United States. If you were to ask our General Foreman across the country why they like working for Sturgeon Electric, chances are they would say, Because of the people. We help each other out. There's a we're all in this together mentality that prevails.
What are you waiting for? Build yourself with us!
Nature of Work
The ITS technician has the technical skills to perform installation and maintenance for a variety of ITS field devices; including variable message signs, detection devices, cameras, RFID readers and ramp meters. The technician will be familiar with copper, fiber optic and coax cabling. They will also have the skill and knowledge to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair various types of electrical, networking or mechanical problems.
* Performs installation and maintenance of ITS devices; including variable message signs, detection devices, cameras, ramp meters, switches, routers, cabling and connectors.
* Configures, tests and integrates devices and associated layer one appurtenances.
* Completes all test procedures and maintenance forms accurately and in a timely manner
* Performs other essential duties as assigned by Supervisor
* Follows all traffic safety rules while performing duties
* Familiar with configuring and troubleshooting on TCP/IP and serial networks
* Follows all company safety rules
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* 1 - 2 years of prior hands on experience in a related field or Service Technician
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Associates degree in related field preferred or demonstration of equivalent experience
* CDL required within six months
* Prior experience working in a team based environment
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with coworkers, management, and customers
* Formal training in TCP/IP networks desried (Network+, CCNA, etc.)
* Basic understanding of traffic Safety and working safely on the highway and freeway
* Basic Electronics and the safety of working on 120VAC Power Devices
* Basic understanding of DC Relay control
* Basic understanding of communication cable and power terminations
* Basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Clean driving record
* Self-motivated and able to work independently
* Cabinet and mechanical maintenance
* Adapt to and use a variety of testing equipment
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. Complete work history OR resume attachment is a must to be considered for employment. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.