This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONInterface Engineer
Location: New York, NY
MUST HAVE SKILLS: IHE WEBSERVICES, ENSEMBLE AND HEALTHSHARE TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE
The INTERFACE ENGINEER is responsible for design and development of interfaces between participant systems and InterSystems HealthShare. The INTERFACE ENGINEER is an experienced individual who understands raw clinical data in its many different file formats, interface engine workflow, data transformation, and the software development life cycle. In addition to strong analysis and development capabilities, he or she must demonstrate the ability to independently write interface specifications, test plans and documentation.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Software Architecture and Engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Implementing and maintaining bi-directional HL7 v2 interfaces between HealthShare and EHRs, certified applications, and other systems.
* Implementing and maintaining bi-directional HIE interfaces between HealthShare and EHRs, certified applications, and other systems.
* Implementing and maintaining custom XML interfaces into HealthShare.
* Implementing and maintaining custom batch file drops from participants into HealthShare.
* Analyzing interface requirements and writing technical interface specifications and documentation
* Writing interface data transformations
* Creating test messages, scripts and interface testing documentation
THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL POSSESS:
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* Minimum five years' experience in application software design and development, including at least six months' experience with healthcare integration and health information exchange. Experience with InterSystems HealthShare or Ensemble is strongly preferred, but not strictly necessary.
* Complete fluency with the HL72x file format both ADT and clinical messages
* A thorough understanding of how interface projects work
* Experience with CCD and C-CDA document exchange
* Experience with file parsing (XML, XSLT, etc.)
* Knowledge of X12 file formats a plus
* Comfort level with object-oriented programming concepts a plus
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work directly with clients