This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
The Advisory Board Company
Consulting & Management
Share | |Email this job
INTERIM PHYSICIAN *LI
Advisory Board Consulting
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Interim Physician is responsible for providing physician leadership by helping clients to improve performance by developing, implementing, maintaining, and innovating strategies that effectively drive provider integration, utilization, and performance measures. A significant area of focus will be on the design and implementation of care delivery models and supporting quality programs to enable client organizations to be successful in an actively managed population health environment. This role will work with key stakeholders within the various entities to enfranchise physicians and execute strategies to improve key metrics included but not limited to quality, utilization, and reduction of variability in clinical service.
Our current opportunity is available nationwide.
We are accepting applications for future need.
- Work effectively with Client Medical Officers, Executive Leadership, as well as Consulting and Management and Advisory Board Company partners.
- Understand underlying reporting and operational relationships such that position is able to navigate client environments and drive initiatives and outcomes.
- Effective speaker as a key role will be to effectively communicate key messages to disparate groups of audiences to drive the necessary call to action required to effect the strategy.
- Maintain a positive relationship and act as a liaison with all providers, facilities, health plans and others necessary to execute the initiatives needed to drive outcomes.
- Ensure that any initiatives that are implemented to meet payment and regulatory requirements and that utilization efforts will positively affect patient care.
- Understand the various reimbursement methodologies that may be implemented within a value-based, payment environment including but not limited to capitation, shared savings, pay for performance, fee for service and other financing models. In addition, apply these methodologies to initiatives and understand the impact to providers, facilities and other stakeholders.
- Credibility and communication with physicians such that position is able to influence physician behavior.
- Effectively analyze data or other information to identify and prioritize areas of opportunity within the client network.
- Work effectively with people throughout the organization to drive design and implementation of care integration and utilization.
- Educate physicians and other partners through written and oral communication.
- Function as a key contributing member of a client service team and as such will be responsible for synthesizing findings and activities into both written and oral team communications and client deliverables.
- Navigate strategic and operational challenges within a dynamic industry and balance achieving set accountabilities with constraints of limited resources.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the application of at risk health care provision and utilization management.
- Previous leadership experience in a Medical Director, Executive, or like role required.
- Excellent communication skills, including reading, writing and speaking.
- M.D. and Board Certified in a recognized specialty, preferably Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Pediatrics,
- Current state medical license without any encumbrances.
- Advanced degree in business or related field desirable
- Experience within a large medical organization with demonstrated success.
- Consulting experience preferred
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.