Interior Design Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position is for a college student or recent graduate that is studying interior design. Omni s interior design department provides complete design for capital projects and renovations in all areas of the hotels and resorts. Interior Design Intern reports to Assistant Director of Interior Design.
* Support the interior design department with day to day needs
* Select fabrics, furnishings and finishes for design projects including trips to the design center
* Assemble digital concept presentations in PowerPoint
* Attend all vendor presentations
* Coordinate with the project team and design consultants, under supervision of the Assistant Director of Interior Design
* Help with the issuance of meeting minutes and field visit reports related to interior design project scope
* Organize and archive project interior design records and design library
* Assemble a complete drawing package with all notes and details
* Write specifications for furniture and finishes
* Assemble material presentation boards
* Vendor communication on pricing quotes, information and sample requests and etc.
* Assemble interior design control books
* Team Player with ability to switch gears easily
* Must have interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
* Recent graduate or working towards a Bachelor Degree in Interior Design
* Daily working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, AutoCad and Photoshop
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: