Interior Design Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Interior Design Manager provides management and oversite for design projects that are designed by the outside design consultants as well as complete design for designated capital projects.
Interior Design Manager reports to the Creative Director + Vice President of Interior Design. The individual s primary areas of activity and responsibility will be to support the Creative Director + Vice President of Interior Design as needed in the management of interior design process when outside design consultants are contracted for renovations and new construction projects.
This position will also will be responsible for managing the individual hotel interior design needs on small projects that are not part of a larger renovation project. This includes Interior design supervision of items that are needed by the hotel paid for out of the Repair and Maintenance budget or as a direct result of an issue raised during a property visit by Corporate Management. All design selections will be reviewed and approved by Creative Director + Vice President of Interior Design.
* Assume administrative responsibility for the interior design project scope-of-work and schedule. Coordinate with the project team and design consultants, under supervision of the Creative Director + Vice President of Interior Design
* Prepare RFP's, solicits proposal forms, and recommends Interior Design firms and purchasing companies
* Develop FF&E estimated budgets and estimated quantity take-off information to conform to established project budgets.
* Manage and supervise the development of interior design concepts and material and finish palettes for projects as part of the team or in independent design efforts.
* Approve FF&E selections that meet project program, budget and schedule.
* Present the interior design concepts, design intent and other illustrative materials to Creative Director + Vice President Interior Design and senior leadership.
* Organize and coordinate ID concept presentation content, including material/finish boards, color renderings, imagery and concept visuals and related graphics materials. Produce content for all project ID documents (i.e., material trays, FF&E specifications, drawings for design intent, and specification binders) for presentation and construction documentation as needed.
* Develop interior design (quantity and room type) matrices that coordinate with ID drawings, schedules and FF&E specifications.
* Coordinate with Purchasing in order to ensure that design intent is followed.
* Ability to work within a budget and recommend alternate design products to project team when item cannot be produced within project timeframe or exceeds approved budget.
* Coordinate with Property, General Contractor, Purchasing and Vendors at pre-production, production, and installation of FF&E specialty items to ensure that the design integrity is maintained.
* Organize field visits, ID site supervision and interior finish and FF&E punch lists related to interior design scope as required.
* Issue meeting minutes and field visit reports related to interior design project scope.
* Organize and archive project interior design records.
* Conduct preliminary field surveys for project interior design scope verification.
* Develop interior design concepts and material and finish palettes for projects as part of the team or in independent design efforts, working under the supervision of the Creative Director + Vice President Interior Design
* Must be able to assemble a complete drawing package with all notes and details.
* Make FF&E selections that meet project program, budget and schedule.
* Experience designing Axminster Carpet
* Present the interior design concepts, design intent and other illustrative materials for a project to internal team.
* Interact with Project Manager for coordination
* Design and Coordinate graphics and signage packages
* Design and Coordinate OSE
* Provide direction to questions posed in contractor s RFI s that are related to the project interior design intent.
* Review, comment and accept designer-specified product and FF&E sample submittals within the allotted turnaround time. Specifically FF&E shop drawings must bring examples to interview.
* Ensures all capital improvement projects are in compliance with the appropriate Brands Standards and Purchasing Programs
* Works closely with both corporate personnel and hotel personnel as necessary, including Operations, Project Management, Procurement, and Accounting departments.
* Reviews Purchase Orders on outside design consultant projects against specifications to ensure accuracy; records POs in control book and distributes to Project Managers for signature. Coordinates with Purchasing Agent and Project Accounting on POs approvals.
* Facilitates new Brand Standards initiatives such as OSE, banquet tables and etc. working in conjunction with internal Procurement team under supervision of Creative Director + Vice President of Interior Design.
* 6 years of working experience in an architectural or interior design organization with emphasis on hospitality design projects. Project management experience is required because the management of outside design firms will be part of this role.
* Team Player with ability to switch gears easily
* Must be able to work within budget requirements
* Must have interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
* Travel approximately 35% of time.
* Bachelor Degree from a 4 or 5 year accredited college degree in Interior Design.
* Daily working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* NCIDQ certification.
* TX State ID Registration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: