This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Interior Designer
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We re not just designers. We re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we re refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Interior Designer, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. With you as part of the design team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
* Perform interior design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
* Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
* Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
* Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
* Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
* Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school
* 2 - 5 years of interior design experience
* Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, 3D and other modeling software programs
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
* Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
* Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.