Interior Designer, Health Applications Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Health Applications Specialist supports the internal Health Brand and external sales teams and dealers by providing thoughtful, innovative and clinically appropriate product application solutions in healthcare spaces to create Connected Care Experiences. These spaces will reflect Steelcase research and insights to clients and the architecture and design community.
This Interior Designer professional position is responsible for translating Steelcase's and Steelcase Health's research and insights into creative product applications within the context of healthcare environments. The intent is to provide clients and design firms with a conceptual design that furthers the design conversation to use space as a way to help improve patient outcomes. Using interior design skills, this individual will consult with the sales teams and internal teams to develop an application strategy for conceptual product applications. Responsibilities will also include developing and curating team resources and internal databases. Individual will travel as required for purposes of working closely with clients, dealers and Steelcase teams.
* A strong working knowledge base of Steelcase Inc. products and the ability to apply them to space using CET or SketchUp.
* Able to translate Steelcase and Steelcase Health research and insights into creative product applications.
* Strong facilitation skills and verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to conceptualize product solutions and then express them visually and verbally.
* Strong listening skills to be able to empathize and understand customer's issues. Utilize advanced product knowledge develop creative solutions that meet the customer's needs.
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
* Detail oriented, committed to excellence: accuracy in work and attention to detail.
* Project ownership and managerial skills are necessary for coordination of large projects using a multi-disciplined team approach.
* Able to conduct analysis, synthesis and translation. Able to take abstract information and apply in a way that yields creative and thoughtful applications.
* Able to work directly with customer groups, host design workshops and lead information gathering conversations.
* Proficient in CET, SketchUp and AutoCAD.
* Must have strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications and Google Online Suite of tools.
* Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design from an accredited (FIDER or CIDA) institution required
* Two years' experience at an A&D firm, specifically with a healthcare focus OR two plus years' experience with a Steelcase dealership required
* Healthcare interior design / clinical space design experience required
* Contract furniture industry experience preferred
* EDAC certified is a plus
* NCIDQ certified is a plus