Interior Designer - Hospitality FF&E Specialty (5-8 Years of Experience)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 3/22/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONGensler s Northwest region is seeking an experienced hospitality interior designer with an FF&E SPECIALTY at our San Francisco headquarters. You will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence. We are a small, entrepreneurial group of boutique-minded professionals with a passion towards interior design, guest experience, F&B strategy, and work-life integration. We embrace experimentation. We curate experience. We re designers and strategists who craft unique environments that keep people coming back for more. As artists, inventors, taste makers and business savvy entrepreneurs, we have an endless curiosity and mindful approach to design. Our clients and inter-office studios seek our expertise for collaborative efforts that require smart, lifestyle-driven solutions.
Gensler is a recognized leader in the hospitality industry. We are Interior Design Magazine s # 1 Interior Design Most Admired Firms, and a #3 ranked Hospitality Giant for 2015. Our local and international typical project types include guest rooms, public spaces, meeting rooms, spas, fitness centers, restaurants, night clubs, bars, food halls & retail markets, unique workplace/building amenities, corporate campuses and luxury commercial interiors.
If you have a passion for design, like responsibility, and meet the below qualifications, please submit your resume and portfolio samples.
What You Will Do
* Utilize your experience with all phases of Interior Design project deliverables from Concept Design through Construction Administration to realize a successful design concept
* Work independently or with minor oversight to perform assignments including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
* Produce mood, material and design presentations independently or with minimal supervision
* Produce furniture plans, specifications, material selections and schedules needed for construction documentation independently or with minimal supervision
* Participate in client and consultant meetings
* Effectively communicate design ideas by hand sketching and/or digital graphics
* Train and mentor junior designers
* Provide extensive and rapid fire knowledge of FF&E vendors and resources to the team and client
* Utilize knowledge of hospitality furniture and technology, and custom furniture and lighting solutions, finishes, materials, color selections, and ID specifications
* Independently create material palettes and inspiration image boards
* Space plan hotel public spaces and guestrooms, restaurants, and spas
* Bachelor's or Master s degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NCARB accredited school.
* 5-8 years hospitality interior design experience
* Completed at least one full hotel project and one full restaurant project, more preferred
* High taste level, excellent color sense, and great passion for hospitality design
* Excellent graphic design, organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
* Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient
* Enjoys both taking responsibility and team collaboration
* Detailed understanding of FF&E design and deliverables
* Passion for both the big picture design ideas and the details
* Familiar with hospitality-related ADA compliance and building codes
* Proficiency in Spexx a plus
* Facility with 3D conceptualization (digitally or by hand) a plus
* Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Revit and Bluebeam are a plus
Gensler is a global design firm, with 46 offices and 5,000+ employees worldwide. Gensler helps clients succeed by focusing on the needs of the people they serve, whether they are employees, customers, sports fans, students, passengers or guests. Founded in 1965, Gensler has deep expertise in design and architecture across 31 practices, including commercial office buildings, professional services, retail, aviation, planning and urban design, entertainment and hospitality, sports stadiums and education facilities. The firm also holds practices focusing on brand strategy, environmental graphic design, mission-critical facilities, and has recently invested in consulting for real estate workplace and sustainable design.
For more information, visit our website (www.gensler.com) or blog (www.gensleron.com), follow us on Twitter (@GenslerOnCities, @GenslerOnWork, @GenslerLfstyle), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GenslerDesign/).
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.