Interior Designer- Intermediate (Hospitality Interiors Studio) 8/12/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Intermediate Interior Designer
Gensler is one of the world s leading architecture, design and planning firms, with staff in locations around the world. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We re not just designers. We re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there s something here for everyone.
As a Gensler Interior Designer, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful and differentiated spaces for clients. With you as part of the Hospitality design team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
* Perform interior design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
* Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, accessories, and lighting
* Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
* Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
* Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
* Bachelor s degree in Architecture, Design or Interior Design
* 3+ years related experience
* Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, 3D and other modeling software programs
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
* Knowledge of systems furniture planning, workstation design, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
* Communication, sketching, graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
* Must have thorough knowledge of commercial project constructability, project costs, and current code requirements
* Will be required to transport meeting materials, including design boards and sketches, fabric and carpet samples to and from meetings as required
Please advise years of experience and specific project experience in your cover letter. All positions are full time.
Only resumes with work samples submitted through our online application will be considered.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.