Interior Designer - Workplace/Corporate Interiors (3-5 Years of Experience) 9/1/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gensler is a global design firm, with 47 offices and 5,000+ employees worldwide. Gensler helps clients succeed by focusing on the needs of the people they serve, whether they are employees, customers, sports fans, students, passengers or guests. Founded in 1965, Gensler has deep expertise in design and architecture across 31 practices, including commercial office buildings, professional services, retail, aviation, planning and urban design, entertainment and hospitality, sports stadiums and education facilities. The firm also holds practices focusing on brand strategy, environmental graphic design, mission-critical facilities, and has recently invested in consulting for real estate workplace and sustainable design.
For more information, visit our website (www.gensler.com) or blog (www.gensleron.com), follow us on Twitter (@GenslerOnCities, @GenslerOnWork, @GenslerLfstyle), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GenslerDesign/).
Gensler San Francisco is seeking an Interior Designer with 3-5 Years of experience post-graduation to focus on workplace strategy and commercial interiors for a growing, diverse client base. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative, and nimble team dedicated to problem-solving for some of the world s most innovative companies. Specializing in the technology sector, our team is committed to designing environments that help growing companies focus building their culture and attracting the best and brightest employees.
* Collaborate on corporate interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development
* Resolve complex technical and design issues
* Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
* Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
* Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
* Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
* Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
* Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
* Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
* 3-5 years of related interior design experience after graduation, with experience in corporate interiors
* Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
* Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
* Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Outstanding graphic presentation skills
* Revit skills are REQUIRED
* SketchUp skills are REQUIRED
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max preferred
For consideration, please submit resume and relevant work samples. SUBMITTALS MUST INCLUDE WORK SAMPLES FOR FULL CONSIDERATION.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance