Interior Systems and Components Cost Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
* Individual is responsible for establishing technical cost for assigned components throughout program life (establishing piece cost and tooling investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and cost analysis for design changes).
* Working from BOM, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost for Interior components and systems using historical data, directional cost models, and ultimately activity based costing methodologies.
* Individual provides subject matter expertise (cost & process) to support engineering and purchasing at working levels and to executive leadership. Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing.
* Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
* Bachelor Degree Required, Engineering Preferred. MS Office proficient.
* Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
* 3 years past experience with design /devel / release OR procurement of Interior components.
* Activity based costing experience.
* Occasional day trips with possible overnight travel may be required; potential international travel.
* Strong negotiation, leadership, interpersonal & communication skills required.
* Must be detail oriented and highly organized to manage many programs and cost details simultaneously.
* May be required to drive a company car. .
* Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record
* May be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.