Interiors Project Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/17/2017
HOK Group, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
We are currently seeking an Interiors Project Architect to join our team. As an Interiors Project Architect, you are responsible for interpreting, organizing and executing the conceptual design of a project utilizing creativity, foresight and judgment to meet project requirements and objectives through project completion.
* Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent of the project established by the Project Designer is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
* Monitors the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring the design idea is consistent and properly executed.
* Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
* Performs product research. May be responsible for or assist Project Manager in writing specifications.
* Checks completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for accuracy.
* Sets the overall strategy for producing the documents and identifies the sheets planned for each stage of the work. This includes defining how data will be organized into files and which elements will be incorporated in a Building Information Model (BIM).
* Sets up project team software parameters and manages standards.
* Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team.
* Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
* Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
* Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less senior level staff
* Performs as team leader on certain projects.
* Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, participates in professional development reviews and Lessons Learned sessions.
* Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
* Works on developing a positive relationship of trust with client Leadership.
* Regularly communicates with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentation.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Receives project direction from the Principal in Charge and Technical direction from the RBU Technical Principal.
* Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with project team, clients and consultants.
* Assists in planning and conducting work making minor adaptations and modifications to complete working drawing set(s).
* Meets with municipal building department and other governing agency officials to coordinate approvals or variances.
* Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
* Provides technical support and project communications to team as required.
* Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings. Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor s schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
* Assists the Specification Writer in product research, consulting with manufacturers, evaluating and selecting project related materials.
* Involved with specification set-up and drawing coordination, research and appropriate use of HOK Standards.
* Provides support to all team members for specific market, discipline, or other areas of expertise.
* Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, technical issues.
* Participates in review of project costs and budgets, adherence to schedule.
* Prepares meeting minutes of consultant coordination meetings.
* May prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for client/project team review.
* Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
* May participate in business development meetings with team leaders to target specified project, client or market opportunities.
* Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
* Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
* Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
* Thorough knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
* Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process.
* Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents.
* Possess strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
* Proficiency in Revit required.
* Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
* Bachelor s degree in architecture required
* 10 plus years experience preferred
* Registered Architect with current license required.
* NCARB registration preferred.
* LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified applicants with a criminal histories will be considered for employment.
San Francisco, California, United States
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer