Intermediate Application Developer - UPS Freight
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Intermediate Applications Developer performs duties and tasks to support full systems life cycle management including analysis, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, and implementation of systems and applications software. He/She develops and maintains Enterprise Java applications using JBoss. He/She performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines. This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication and to support the achievement of objectives. He/She provides development, maintenance, and support for applications. The Intermediate Applications Developer reports to an Applications Development Manager.
The Intermediate Applications Developer analyzes specifications and user requirements to perform assigned applications development work. He/She assists with system components designs to meet requirements. This position participates in design reviews to improve quality. The Intermediate Applications Developer analyzes, designs, codes, tests, and documents low to moderately complex programs to develop application software. He/She develops and executes unit test plans to deliver quality components.
* Performs fixes of defects found in unit, integrated, and user testing.
* Assists in software implementations to contribute to the software build process.
* Creates functional and technical documentation to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
* Communicates and documents unit test results and code revisions to ensure consistency and accuracy.
* Creates technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to ensure proper and consistent application development.
* Assists with software builds and change control procedures and documentation to meet application needs.
* Conducts tests to diagnose and record failures and report results.
* Monitors and acknowledges issues or defects reported by customers.
* Performs problem analysis and resolution.
* Performs applications maintenance and support functions.
* Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge: Familiar with primary information sources relevant to assigned area; utilizes computer-based analytical and information management tools in order to perform routine analysis; documents approach and findings; reviews results with others as appropriate.
* Applies Information Systems Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the strategy, structures, processes and procedures of the enterprise in its relationship with the business and its activities; identifies business representatives affected by information systems with some assistance.
* Applies Internal Systems Knowledge: Understands UPS products, services, and internal systems: asks appropriate questions to gain clear understanding of system issues; documents and clearly communicate system issues to appropriate groups (e.g. Information Services, User Reps, TSG, system users, etc.).
* IT - Designs/Develops Applications Solutions: Independently performs duties associated with the SDLC; gathers input from multiple sources with some guidance; performs analyses, designs, codes, tests, and documents moderate to highly complex applications software.
* IT - Knowledge of Emerging Technology: Assists with application of new technologies for solving business information needs. Supports new technologies. Maintains basic understanding of potential risks and rewards with emerging technologies.
* IT - Problem Management: Assists with the implementation of agreed upon problem remedies and preventative measures.
* IT - Processes, Methods, and Tools: Demonstrates proficiency in the use of at least one system tool or utility and working knowledge of several other types of system tools or utilities; develops, administers, and/or supports systems and applications processes with limited assistance; measures the capabilities of individual system tools to satisfy development, support, and process needs.
* Technical Problem Solving and Analytical Processes: Conducts root cause analysis and diagnoses and manages technical problems using pre-defined steps, limited experience, and available tools. Identifies and documents changes that need to be made to established procedures. Makes recommendations and resolves moderately complex technical problems. Contributes to the identification of inefficiencies and deficiencies in processes and applications during walk throughs, tests, and actual execution. Proposes improvements to processes and applications and executes the agreed upon changes designed to improve processes and applications.
* Technical Writing: Uses the appropriate style, level of detail, grammar, and organization of thought in technical writing; drafts standard specialized or technical documents using templates and job aids; considers the end-user s perspective when creating technical documents.
* Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
* Must be in the same location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there
* Must have experience with object oriented analysis
* Must have experience with applications design
* Must have experience with programming
* Must have a Bachelor s degree
* Experience with Enterprise Java Preferred
* Experience with Enterprise JavaBeans Preferred
* Experience with Web Services Preferred
* Experience with JSP/Servlets Preferred
* Experience with Object Relation Mapping (Hibernate or similar framework) Preferred
* Experience with XML Preferred
* Experience with HTML Preferred
* Experience with JQuery Preferred
* Experience with CSS Preferred
* Experience with Oracle Preferred
* Experience with SQL Language and programming Preferred
* Experience with Subversions Preferred
* Experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent software Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity