Intermediate Applications Developer - UPS Freight
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Intermediate Applications Developer
Are you looking to further your Information Technology career? If so, Then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Intermediate Applications Developer provides input and support for full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines. This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication in supporting the achievement of objectives. He/She provides knowledge, development, maintenance, and support for applications.
* C# .NET - Intermediate
* SQL Language Intermediate
* Oracle - Intermediate
* Object Oriented Analysis and Design - Intermediate
* Visual Studio 2010 and 2013 - Intermediate
* ASP.NET (MVC Preferred) - Intermediate
* HTML - Intermediate
* CSS - Intermediate
* Bootstrap - Beginner
* Knockout.js Beginner
* .NET Windows Forms Programming Intermediate
* Client Server Architecture Intermediate
* Microsoft Office - Intermediate
Generates Application Documentation
* Creates technical documentation to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
* Communicates and documents unit test results and code revisions to ensure consistency and accuracy.
* Creates technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
Contributes to Systems Analysis and Design
* Analyzes and assists in defining specifications and user requirements to perform assigned applications development work.
* Contributes to system components' designs to meet requirements.
* Provides input for design reviews to improve quality.
Designs and Develops Moderately Complex Applications
* Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, and documents moderately complex programs to develop applications software.
* Develops unit test plans to deliver quality components.
* Updates the defects log to ensure thorough and accurate documentation.
* Contributes to the implementation of software products to meet application needs.
Contributes to Integration Builds
* Provides input in the development of software builds and integration build components to meet application needs.
* Conducts tests and analyzes results to diagnose and record failures and to report results.
* Escalates complex integration issues to support the resolution of system discrepancies.
Contributes to Maintenance and Support
* Administers procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity.
* Performs applications maintenance and support functions to assist with problem resolution.
Monitors Emerging Technologies and Products
* Monitors the industry to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
* Investigates new and emerging hardware and software technologies to assist in maintaining industry competitiveness.
* Analyzes potential value of new technologies to support business objectives and strategy.
The desired Intermediate Applications Developer will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience. A degree is preferred. UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity