Intermediate Designer (Retail Centers Architecture Studio) 9/8/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Designer - Intermediate (Retail Centers)
Gensler is one of the world s leading architecture, design and planning firms, with staff in locations around the world. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing a lasting competitive advantage. At Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
As a Gensler Designer, you will develop design solutions and provide project coordination for all project phases, from concept to construction. As a member of the Retail Centers studio, you will be a part of a team that creates impactful and memorable experiences that will be remembered for a lifetime. Your successful track record on Retail Centers architecture projects and ability to problem solve both individually and part of a team makes Gensler a perfect place to cultivate your career.
What You Will Do
* Working with Design Director(s) and project team(s), participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
* Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
* Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
* Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
* Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
* Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
* Bachelor s degree in Architecture
* 7+ years of related architecture project experience; 5+ years of Hospitality experience preferred
* Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Sketchup, PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator. Understanding of 3D Studio Max and InDesign is a plus
* Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and building codes
* Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas
* State Licensure and LEED accreditation a plus
* Strong organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
Applications will not be considered without uploaded portfolio/work samples
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.