Intermodal Fleet Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
NFI Industries (Corporate)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Intermodal Fleet Manager is responsible for providing leadership and continued education for Driver Managers and management of NFI trucks in assigned fleet. This position is responsible for safe operation and productivity of the fleet along with retention of assigned drivers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Supervises the daily activities of the Driver Managers and Extended Hours Employees
* Maintains positive and encouraging working relations with all drivers
* Provides constant communications of service issues to appropriate personnel and departments
* Provides assistance on unresolved driver issues
* Manages all safety compliance related areas
* Manages employee performance
* Coordinates with managers at all levels on driver retention goals
* Manages and ensures that drivers are fully utilized
* Monitors and ensures on-time pick up and delivery of freight
* Reviews DAR daily holding Department Managers accountable
* Reviews and manages fleet productivity
* Improves fuel optimization locations and compliance
* Monitors and ensures timely on-time DOT reporting
* Assists on all areas of internal customer service in order to improve driver retention
* At least 2-3 years experience in transportation management
* Computer applications using MS Office
* Computer applications experience using AS400 helpful
* Strong supervisory skills in dealing with people
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and potentially holidays as needed by the customer
Family owned and operated since 1932, NFI Industries is an industry leader in logistics, transportation, and distribution services. We deliver unique and progressive solutions, service, and relationships to each of our clients across the globe.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and get rewarded for your performance? NFI is committed to you!
* Career advancement opportunities
* Entrepreneurial, innovative, energized atmosphere
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, prescription, disability, and life insurance coverage
* Paid vacation and holidays
* We invest in you - ongoing training and development