Intern, Brand Marketing (Summer 2017)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Intern, Brand Marketing
Orrville, OH (Close proximity to Cleveland/Akron)
We offer the benefit of intern housing assistance, for those that qualify based on proximity, to ensure interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
* On a timely basis, evaluates data and business trends and communicates insights on what is going on with each segment of the core business with the Marketing team.
* Executes specifically requested analyses and provides the story , not just the data, to managers and supervisors.
* Provides Core business IRI reporting support as needed.
* Represents the brand team on database operational needs. Provides support as appropriate.
* Provides graphic (PowerPoint) support to easily help to communicate trends.
* Provides support to Promotion Manager in developing pre and post promotion analyses and ongoing tracking against stated objectives. Communicates learnings/findings to supervisor and managers.
* Demonstrates flexibility and initiative in assisting supervisors and managers with miscellaneous projects as needed.
* Assist in brand management activities of a specific brand.
* Supports budget/coupon needs each month for supervisor and identifies key issues.
* Juniors pursuing a Bachelor s degree in Marketing or a related field
* Minimum GPA: 3.0
* Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Detail Oriented
* Demonstrated interest in Marketing
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.