Intern, Category Leadership Summer 2017
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Intern, Category Leadership [Summer 2017]
Orrville, OH (Corporate Office); Cincinnati, OH; Rogers, AR; or Minneapolis, MN
We offer the benefit of intern housing assistance, for those that qualify based on proximity, to ensure interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
Title will vary be location, but all to be Category Leadership personnel
* Develop relationships with Sales, Marketing, Innovation, and other Market Development Organization functional teams to support Customer-driven initiatives
* Develop category insights and reviews that utilize both scan and non-scan data (IRI, Nielsen, Mintel, Kantar, MarketTrack, Google Trends, Spectra, Retail Link, 84.51, etc.), that will be leveraged to grow J.M. Smucker and total category sales with our retail customers and support marketing initiatives
* Develop recommendations supporting retailers optimal product distribution, promotion, pricing, and shelf placement
* Participate in analyzing planograms to enhance efficiency and effectiveness, potentially assisting with execution of Modular planning process
* Prepare clear and concise presentations to inform others of business & consumer trends, existing opportunities and recommendations for growth
* Identifying market opportunities and/or track new product launches and promotions; communicate findings to relevant Marketing group(s)
* Discuss possible emerging trends observed during day-to-day analysis
* Participate in various activities to enhance job performance and personal growth
* Complete cross-departmental projects
* Complete all necessary information technology and corporate training
* Participate in any Departmental/Functional-specific trainings
* Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor s Degree in Marketing or related field
* Sophomores to be considered on exception basis
* Minimum GPA of 3.2 is required
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite required
* Previous use of shopper-based metrics or data is preferred
* Excellent computer skills are required
* Excellent communication skills are required
* Detailed oriented, strong analytic aptitude, and project management experience preferred
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.