Intern, Chemical/Material Science/Metallurgy Engineering - Sayreville NJ GER01968
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Gerdau Long Steel North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
At Gerdau our employees are the best in the business. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Gerdau's growth is based on our values and on a vision focused on excellence.
Gerdau proudly offers internship programs, through which students can jump start their career with hands-on experience with one of the largest steel producers in the world. Working at Gerdau is an opportunity to be part of a team that is a benchmark in the industry in which it operates.
An Intern with Gerdau must have an eagerness to grow personally and professionally, being a part of a global company with more than 110 years of entrepreneurship and achievements in the steel industry. This program is for individuals with high learning agility and willingness to adapt and develop continuously, who aim at consistently outperforming in a variety of settings and circumstances. Duties & Responsibilities
During the program you will interact with team members from around the world. You will have the opportunity to learn on the job and work on challenging projects that will further your development.
Candidates must demonstrate leadership potential, strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
Gerdau offers competitive wages, on-the-job experience, organization orientation, work assignments and projects with clear and targeted goals that allow young professionals to earn invaluable experience. The Individual
- Chemical/Material Science/Metallurgy Engineering Majors Only
- Internship length - ideal candidate can start asap and may extend through Spring 2017
- Must have completed at least 2 years of a college degree program from a recognized accredited college/university or pursuing Master's degree in Chemical/Material science/Metallurgy engineering
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (flexible hours based on your class schedule)
- Record of high academic achievement (Minimum GPA 3.0)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring current or future sponsorship for employment Salary & Benefits Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.