Intern, Co-Op Process Engineer - Multiple Opportinities
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Co-op, R&D Process Engineer
Orrville, OH (Greater Cleveland area)
~ We offer the benefit of intern housing assistance, for those that qualify based on proximity, to ensure interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
* Work on research projects that involve designing and executing experiments in the laboratory and pilot plant
* Develop and conduct tests to evaluate potential processing changes or prove new process technology for new products and equipment
* Provide support to daily pilot plant operations and experiments
* Compile, organize and analyze production records and test data
* Fill in for operations personnel in the pilot plant when necessary
* Make improvement recommendations for quality and efficiency
* Present learning s in technical reports and presentations
* Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree with an emphasis on Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Sophomore or Junior standing
* Strong technical acumen is preferred (engineering, mathematics, computers, statistics)
* Previous experience in plant or R&D is a strong plus
* Previous analytical/lab experience is desired
* Comfortable working in laboratory, pilot plant and plant environments.
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
* Basic proficiency in MS Office, Excel, and Word
* Ability to work flexible/varied hours (some overtime may be needed)
* Must be available Monday Friday; day shift
* May require up to 10% travel
* Must be willing to commit to a minimum of 3 work rotations
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.