Intern, Co-op, Packaging Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's(R), Folgers(R), Jif(R), Dunkin' Donuts(R), Crisco(R), Pillsbury(R), R.W. Knudsen Family(R), Hungry Jack(R), Café Bustelo(R), Martha White(R), truRoots(R), Sahale Snacks(R), Robin Hood(R), and Bick's(R). In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix(R), Milk- Bone(R), Kibbles 'n Bits(R), Natural Balance(R), and 9Lives(R). The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Co-op, Packaging Development Engineer
Orrville, OH (Greater Cleveland area)
~We offer the benefit of intern housing assistance, for those that qualify based on proximity, to ensure that interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
* This position would be a co-op during 2016
* Supporting engineering projects for brands such as Smucker's(R), Folgers(R), Jif(R), Crisco(R), Pillsbury(R), Hungry Jack(R), and Robin Hood(R)
* Implementing source reduction/cost reduction on a variety of packaging materials (i.e. HPDE, PET, glass, steel, and corrugated)
* Maintaining packaging specifications, including Finished Package Specifications, Pallet Patterns, and Package Die lines
* Participating on teams to introduce other new/revised packaging and supporting those projects as needed
* Communicating with internal customers such as Purchasing, Marketing, Product Development, and the Co-Pack group
* Assisting the department in conducting/evaluating tests as needed
* Improving technical expertise by completing projects and tasks within one of our many plants (most co-ops visit at least three plants)
* Co-op students must be enrolled in a Packaging Engineering program (emphasis in food packaging is a plus but is not required)
* Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Strong leadership and communication skills are needed
* Must be available for a co-op between June 2017 through December 2017
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.