Intern -Coop - Product Performance Evaluation 9/11/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Co-op position - Associate Scientist
The position is in the Product Performance Evaluation Department at the L'Oreal USA R&D facility in Clark, NJ. This group is responsible for the sensory, consumer and claims testing of all the consumer products manufactured by L'Oreal USA.
* Interacts with panel leader and formulators to plan, setup, and schedule sensory testing
* Takes and edits panelist photographs
* Designs and executes sensory expert panel studies and training exercises
* Maintains sensory database
* Monitors panelist performance and identifies area for training as needed.
* Analyzes sensory data and writes reports to clearly communicate findings to the formulation chemists
* Current BS or Master's student in Food Science, Sensory Science or related field
* Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
* Ability to multi-task, good organization skills, and flexibility is a must
* Knowledge of experimental design and basic statistical methods including statistical packages such as XLSTAT, SPSS, or SAS
* Creativity in developing new testing methods
* Interest in human behavior/perception and the sensory properties of products
* Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Management experience a plus
* Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
Work up to 30 hours per week in Clark, NJ Number of hours per day is flexible