- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Intern, Corporate Strategy
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Intern, Corporate Strategy
Corporate Strategy and New Ventures
Share | |Email this job
INTERN, CORPORATE STRATEGY
Corporate Strategy & New Ventures
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
This part-time paid internship is based in Washington D.C. within the Corporate Strategy division across fall of 2016. Specifically within the New Product Development team, the position is the perfect fit for motivated, entrepreneurial, and analytically minded people. This innovative group is responsible for defining the firm s growth strategy and developing new products and services organically or via partnerships and acquisitions. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a group focused on developing a new product offering for the US health care market. You will be exposed to all aspects of the product development process including issue identification, market sizing, product design, assessing competitive pressures and developing pitch and marketing materials. This internship offers a unique opportunity to contribute to systemic change in the health care industry.
- Conduct primary research on a specific health care topic area
- Research business and technology trends
- Identify and size market opportunities
- Assess competitive pressures
- Conduct rigorous market testing
- Collateral creation in PowerPoint for internal presentations and marketing material
- Contribute to evaluation of new business opportunities/ideas/potential partner companies
- Support readying a manuscript for submission to a peer-reviewed journal
- Bachelor s Degree OR in the process of earning a Bachelor s Degree
- Willingness to work a minimum of 15 hours a week
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently
- High comfort level with primary research and ability to convert findings into relevant insights
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong academic record
- Any experience working on research or contributing to peer-reviewed publications preferred
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY:
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global technology, research and consulting firm partnering with 238,000 leaders in 4,200+ organizations across health care and higher education. We combine the expertise of our 3,000+ employees around the world to find solutions to the most pressing challenges in health care. Our performance technology products offer user-friendly, Web-enabled dashboard platforms with tremendous analytic capabilities that generate more than $700 million in realized value annually for our members. These solutions focus on strategically important areas, including physician alignment, revenue cycle, accountable care, and surgical profitability. We thrive on innovation and the knowledge that we are creating real change in an industry that matters to everyone
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are asked to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based our values and principles. Eavesdrop on a conversation among Advisory Board teammates--or a performance review, or a planning session and you're likely to hear phrases such as "running toward criticism" and "the power of language" used with sincerity and even passion. We function on a meritocracy we award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a high bar for talent, a performance-driven staff, and peers that constantly challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm and make an impact in industries that matter to everyone.
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.