Intern - Engineer - Kohler, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONIntern - Engineer
This is more than a job posting for the Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and apply your craft in a creative, conscious and characterful culture.
As an Engineering Co-op, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge. The selected candidate will gain invaluable skills and industry knowledge by employing a program of continuous manufacturing process improvement initiatives.
* Will maintain, develop and improve manufacturing processes through the implementation of new and/or improved manufacturing equipment and systems, and the development of manufacturing work cells.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
* Develop, coordinate and implement process improvement programs
* Assist manufacturing supervision and production teams in trouble-shooting production problems and resolving quality problems related to equipment or process capability
* Assist in the review process of new product or process designs to ensure manufacturability and production at lowest possible cost
* Participate in and/or lead technical teams including process development, KOS/Kaizen and special assignment teamsProvide input to divisional management and participate in the development of business unit strategic plans
* Participate in safety initiatives
* Pursuing a four year Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical preferred) or related technical discipline
* Strong analytic and statistic skills
* Excellent communication (both verbal and written), problem-solving, creative-thinking, and collaboration skills
* Demonstrated experience in influencing and driving changes and improvement
* SKILL PREFERENCES - HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT
* Junior status preferred
* Experience in a manufacturing or related technical environment preferred
* Process control experience a plus
* PPAP experience beneficial
* Pro Engineer CAD experience preferred
Why Work at Kohler?
Kohler's mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.