Intern, Enterprise Analytics & Insights Summer 2017
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Intern, Enterprise Analytics & Insights
Director, Enterprise Analytics & Insights
ABOUT THE JOB
The Enterprise Analytics & Insights team uniquely supports our corporate strategy by delivering advanced analytic services to internal & external customers. As an Intern on the Enterprise Analytics & Insights team, you will work with analytics professionals to gain experience working with real-world data. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that project deliverables meet our high standards. The ideal candidate will be eager to improve their advanced analytics skills, gain experience, and make a meaningful contribution to the company's utilization of advanced analytics.
* Work as a member of the Enterprise Analytics team to provide insights that influence decisions through applied mathematical techniques (statistics, modeling and simulation) for sales, marketing, customer logistics, and other functional areas
* Quarterback an advanced analytic project and deliver insights to team's key business partners
* Participate in and contribute to the Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence and be an analytic evangelist
* Contribute to the development of custom analytical techniques to help drive team goals
* Create analyses using disparate data sources, large volumes of detailed data, often starting from scratch
* Perform data discovery around new data sources or new uses of existing data sources
* Present new insights and analyses that inform on strategic decisions
* Develop knowledge of Company's business processes and product portfolio
* Junior pursuing Bachelor's Degree (Data Analytics / Statistics/ Mathematics preferred)
* Advanced Coursework in the area of Applied Mathematics/Analytics
* At least 1 year of experience in a quantitative analysis role
* Knowledge of advanced predictive analytics tools (SAS, R, Python).
* Knowledge of data science techniques (e.g., statistical analysis, clustering/segmentation, machine learning, time series forecasting and optimization)
* Experience in Consumer Package Goods industry a plus
* Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
* Ability to solve analytical problems using complex quantitative approaches
* Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
* Self-motivated and ability to handle multiple/diverse tasks
* Ability to build relationships across the Company
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.