Intern - Hardware Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Raleigh Design Center
Located near the heart of one of the nation's leading technology hubs, the Raleigh Design Center's 50 engineers and designers serve customers in the Eastern United States with high-end talent drawn from leading national universities and the rich Triangle area talent pool. Our engineers form a close-knit, elite team with 18 years of history providing leading companies high quality, innovative designs. Featuring a modern, southern feel with a family-friendly culture amid the beautiful scenery of Eastern North Carolina, the Raleigh-Durham area is only hours from world famous beaches and the Appalachian Mountains.
An Analog Engineer performs hardware engineering design services and other related hardware development support throughout all stages of the product development life cycle. As an Analog Engineer, you will work in a cross discipline team under the leadership of a project manager and functional manager.
Skills & Abilities
* Develop hardware and system concepts that satisfy the customer requirements
* Architect and design hardware solutions by analyzing the performance and feasibility of alternative hardware concepts using circuit theory, simulations and mathematical models
* Implement the hardware design by selecting components capturing schematics and supervising PCB layouts
* Develop and execute hardware design verification test plans per requirement specifications to ensure prototypes meet design requirement
* Support the development and assembly of prototypes
* Directly interface with customers to communicated technical information clearly and concisely
Education & Experience
* Currently enrolled at an accredited institution for a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
* Junior level standing is preferred
* Knowledge of power supply design, analog signal conditioning, design for EMC and/or RF & wireless design with Zigbee, Bluetooth, or cellular radio integration
* Experience with EDA tools Cadence and or Mentor Graphics
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!