Intern - Industrial Engineer 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Overview
Design, develop, test and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
Skills & Abilities
* Support lean manufacturing/lead time reduction activities within the focus factory. Support short range focus factory capacity planning
* Support min to long range focus factory capacity planning
* Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards
* Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer
* Utilize tools such as value stream mapping and simulation software to locate waste in a process and create current, future and ideal states.
* Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities
* Review and verify quote standards on a quarterly basis at a minimum
* Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities
* Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote safe and efficient staff and facility utilization
* Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material and utilities
* Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts of products and to promote efficient utilization
Education & Experience
* A Junior level status currently enrolled in an Engineering degree program, preferably Industrial Engineering
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 is preferred
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers.